These general rules apply to competitions run in Your Cat magazine:
- These rules include any instructions set out in the terms of the competition. By entering this competition the entrant will be deemed to have read and understood these rules and instructions and to be bound by them.
- Any employees of BPG Media or any other person who is directly connected with this competition (the sponsor for example) or their immediate family will be ineligible to enter. Persons under the age of 18 may only enter with the written consent of a parent or legal guardian.
- Any entry which is incomplete, illegible, late or otherwise does not comply with the rules may be deemed invalid in the sole discretion of BPG Media.
- All entries will be examined.
- In the case of a prize draw, the winner/s will be the first names pulled out of the competition entries on the closing date given.
- If there is a question and answer format, the prize or prizes will be awarded to the competitor with the correct answer. If there is more than one correct entry the winner will be the entrant who, in the sole opinion of the panel of judges, has submitted the wittiest (most original, fitting, best) response to a tie-breaker.
- There is no cash alternative to the competition prize.
- The winner will be notified as soon as he or she has been ascertained. The result may be published in the earliest possible issue of Your Cat magazine and/or on the Your Cat website.
- The editor’s decision on all matters affecting this competition is final and binding.
- No correspondence will be entered into.
- One entry per person or machine.
- By entering a Your Cat competition online or in print, you give permission for BPG Media to use your content for other purposes, including republishing in media such as books and magazines, both in print and electronically. BPG Media is unable to pay to reuse this content.