Get creative in the kitchen with these fun and tasty cat-shaped biscuits - for human consumption!
This recipe makes about 30 biscuits.
You will need:
250g unsalted butter, softened
140g caster sugar
1 egg yolk
2 tsp vanilla extract
300g plain flour
Cat-shaped cutters (you can pick these up quite cheaply from online and cookware retailers).
Ready-to-roll icing and icing pens in your chosen colours
- Mix the softened butter and caster sugar in a large bowl with a wooden spoon (or a mixer if you prefer) until creamy
- Add the egg yolk and 2tsp vanilla extract and briefly beat to combine
- Sift in the plain flour and stir until the mixture is well combined - you may want to use your hands for this bit
- Wrap the dough in cling film and put it in the fridge for at least one hour
- Preheat the oven to 180 and roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface until it's around 0.5cm thick
- Using your cat stencils, cut out the biscuits and put on a greaseproof paper-lined baking tray. Bake for around 8-10 minutes, or until biscuits are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a cooling rack. Leave until completely cool before decorating. icing pics folder Get decorating!
Looking for icing inspiration?
Using ready-to-roll icing and icing pens, the Your Cat team got creative in the kitchen! Start by simply rolling out the icing, cutting it using the biscuit cutters, and then decorate to your heart's content!