Cat’s love fish and will lap up this tasty poached treat with healthy veg...
You can use any firm white fish in this dish instead of salmon, if you prefer. Grating and shredding the vegetables makes them easy for cats to eat and also means that you can cook this dish in next to no time.
MAKES 1 LARGE POT
- 400ml/14fl oz/13⁄4 cups water
- 1 courgette (zucchini), grated
- 1 carrot, grated
- A few lettuce leaves, finely shredded
- 2 salmon fillets
1. Bring the water to the boil in a medium-sized pan over a high heat. Add the vegetables and give everything a good stir. Place the salmon fillets on top of the vegetables.
2. Cover the pan with a lid, reduce the heat to medium and poach the salmon for 10 minutes until it is cooked through and the vegetables are soft.
3. When it is cool enough to handle, break up the salmon into chunks, making sure there are no stray bones. If you have used salmon fillets with the skin on, cut the skin into small pieces and return it to the pan with the fish.
TOP TIP: You can add a few peeled prawns (shrimp) and/or shelled mussels to this, too, if you want to be particularly fancy.
This recipe is from the book 'Cooking for Cats: The healthy, happy way to feed your cat' by Debora Robertson. See more about this book HERE.