It may be largely considered that kittens and young cats are more fun to have around, but there is a lot of joy to be found in an older cat, helping them live out their golden years in comfort is arguably a feeling that is hard to beat.
When looking to adopt a cat, many are drawn to kittens. Sure these little bundles of fluff are incredibly cute, but senior cats have so much to offer too. Here are some reasons why you should consider a golden oldie as your new pet:
- A senior cat’s personality is fully established and those tricky ‘teenage’ years are long behind them. This means you will be able to choose a cat to perfectly suit your lifestyle as the rescue shelter will be able to give you a full rundown of its senior cats’ character traits.
- The furniture-scratching, curtain-climbing, and hunting antics will be capers of days gone by for many elderly felines, making them the ideal choice for the more house proud owners.
- Most senior cats are already well-versed in household etiquette, meaning they know how to use a litter tray!
- Older cats are often much more content in the house and happy to chill with you, rather than tearing around causing mischief like kittens do.
- The feel-good factor. Remember, if a senior cat has found itself in a rescue shelter, you could be its last chance to find love. How amazing it is to offer a loving and comfortable home to a senior kitizen.